Re: Validator choking GoLive generated JavaScript

At 12:19 AM -0500 12/31/01, Bob Rosenberg wrote:
>I would be MUCH happier if this triggered a warning message
>something like this:
>
>Warning: Page created by GoLive. Validator will ignore and not
>syntax check GoLive generated JavaScript Contructs [<csscriptdict>,
><cssactions>, <cssobj>, etc.].

That sounds like you're asking it to recognize and ignore any invalid
markup produced by every tool out there, or the like.  Why would you
want it to ignore those invalid tags?  That doesn't sound like what
a validator should do.

You could always write your own DTD for GoLive's tags and validate
against that, I suppose.

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours