Re: Validator choking GoLive generated JavaScript

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Bob Rosenberg wrote:

> I just ran the home page <http://www.rockmug.org/default.html> of my
> computer club's web site (for which I'm responsible) through the
> Validator and got some odd "problems". I am getting lots of spurious
> "errors" caused by my use of GoLive to create the site. While I
> acknowledge that the constructs probably are not HTML 4, the overly
> aggressive reporting of them makes wading through the error report
> list to find TRUE errors a difficult task. Not only is the Validator
> screaming about the constructs themselves but then it screams about
> their content by syntax checking them.

The Validator's behaviour in this case is somewhat annoying.  If you
wanted to avoid the annoyance, you could use a custom DTD that defines the
GoLive-inserted elements.  See
<http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/customdtd.html> for details.

--
Liam Quinn