Re: Your Validator Site

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:42:13 +0000 (GMT)
To: Richard Bonner <ak621@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: <www-validator@w3.org>, <gerald@w3.org>
On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Richard Bonner wrote:

>    I do have one question though: When using the "html version 4"
> selection, it says certain elements are not allowed in that version.
> Howewver, the text/reference book I have does teach them.

The usual reason for that is that your book is one of the many that
have no clue about HTML, and describe instead some attempt at a page
layout language for some browser of the time.

>	 Has something
> changed in version 4 since my book came out? The title and year are:
> "Learn HTML in a Weekend" (1998).

If it's 1998, it's probably a  manual for Netscape 4 (windows version)
and/or MSIE 4.

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>