validators hang when referred from private address space

From: Scott C Ream <sream@softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:39:13 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator-css@w3.org, www-validator@w3.org
  I have apache installed on a gateway machine.  When I access the site
internally with and hit the check button for html 4.01 or
css it hangs because the w3c machine is searching for referrer
which of course it can't find.  Not a big deal but a bug nonetheless.  The
scripts could be modified so that if 'referrer' is numeric then check it is
not in the private address spaces.  Thanks for providing a great service!!!

Scott Ream

I don't subscribe to these lists so cc all replies to me