Re: Error numbering

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 05:59:45 +0200
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
cc: Roman Schechtel <roman@schechtel.de>, www-validator@w3.org
On 06.08.01 at 04:34, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

>Why are we currently using <ul>?

Because OL is visually noisy and I'm not entirely convinced it would be a
win. OTOH, I'm not entirely convinced a list is the proper form for the
output so YMMV. :-)

On 06.08.01 at 04:30, Roman Schechtel <roman@schechtel.de> wrote:

>However, it is difficult to refer to a particular error when there are
>many of them in a document. Life would be much easier if the errors were
>numbered.
>
>That way one could easily say: "Hey, look at error Nr. 5, that's where the
>problems come from!"

The idea certainly has merit, and the problem should be dealt with somehow.
Does anyone have suggestions -- in addition to or instead of making the
output a numbered list -- for how the output could be improved?