Re: several fixes

* Terje Bless wrote:
>>  * don't claim to be redirected from http://host or http://host:80/ to
>>    http://host/ -> uses URI::eq()
>
>This doesn't seem to work and I can't figure out why (it _should_ work) so
>I left it out of CVS. I'll look into it as time allows and apply it when it
>works. Thanks!

I'll take a look, too.

>>I currently have no Text::Iconv installed, so i cannot test these
>>changes...
>
>Is Iconv a showstopper for you?

I'm on Windows NT, I have to get libiconv or something similar for the
iconv() implementation and get that running, I'm still fighting against
other packages like XML::Parser 2.30...

>Would it be worthwhile to make a simple way
>to disable Iconv? At the expense of charset transliteration or by falling
>back to nkf or somesuch?

Just using the (far superior, if you ask me ;-) Unicode::*-modules would
be the best option here.

>>  * use $q->redirect for redirects

>CGI.pm doesn't allow for a body object (required by RFC 2616). I'll bug
>lstein about at some point.

It's only 'suggested' by RFC 2616, i.e. it's a SHOULD not a MUST. Why is
just printing it out no option here?