Re: several fixes

On 17.04.01 at 22:18, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

>the attached patch should deal with the following issues

Ok, I've applied your patch modulo a couple a things.

>  * don't claim to be redirected from http://host or http://host:80/ to
>    http://host/ -> uses URI::eq()

This doesn't seem to work and I can't figure out why (it _should_ work) so
I left it out of CVS. I'll look into it as time allows and apply it when it
works. Thanks!

>  * un-break /referer;ss etc. -> lets CGI.pm parse the trailing part

Holding off until someone convinces me this is a good idea. :-)

>  * valid HTML and use of "constants" for redirect_to_home_page()

Applied; and extended with patch from Brian. Big thanks to both of you!

>  * the line
>
>      $q->param('uri', $q->param('uri') . '/')
>        unless $q->param('uri') =~ m(/);
>
>    is useless, $q->param('uri') always contains a '/' or the '/' isn't
>    needed anywhere -> deleted

Applied (that is, deleted ;D).

>I currently have no Text::Iconv installed, so i cannot test these
>changes...

Is Iconv a showstopper for you? Would it be worthwhile to make a simple way
to disable Iconv? At the expense of charset transliteration or by falling
back to nkf or somesuch?

>  * _never_ redirect to homepage if the user requested some action like
>    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=foo, display error message instead

On further consideration, this might be the perfect exuse for sneaking
HTML::Template templates in there. Error messages are (hopefully) rarely
used code and more or less standalone.

>  * use $q->redirect for redirects

CGI.pm doesn't allow for a body object (required by RFC 2616). I'll bug
lstein about at some point.