Re: Bug: file upload with non-existent files

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 07:05:26 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: BjörnHöhrmann <bjoern@hoehrmann.de>

On 14.04.01 at 00:31, Björn Höhrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
>   If I use the file upload formular and submit a file that does not
>exist on my computer, the validator doesn't care about that, validates
>the file instead of issuing some error message.

Ok, I just checked in a fix for this. It should appear in the next update.
Since error handling isn't particularly fancy and we need to rewrite it at
some point anyway, I just made it redirect to the home page as it does for
most errors. At least it won't spit server errors and bogus validation
results at you.

Thanks for catching these!