Re: User-Agent choice suggestion

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:33:37 +0200
To: "Konstantin Riabitsev" <graf@relhum.org>, <www-validator@w3.org>
* "Konstantin Riabitsev" <graf@relhum.org> wrote:
| I use the validator extensively, but I recently started using XML-XSLT
| combination and some of my sites generate output depending on the client's
| User-Agent string.

This is "broken by design". You will have problems with caching, proxies and
so on. Sarcasm: Deliver a special page for user-agents starting with
/^W3C_Validator/.
--
Björn Höhrmann ^ mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de ^ http://www.bjoernsworld.de
am Badedeich 7 ° Telefon: +49(0)4667/981ASK ° http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de