User-Agent choice suggestion

From: Konstantin Riabitsev <graf@relhum.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:50:58 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hello:

I use the validator extensively, but I recently started using XML-XSLT
combination and some of my sites generate output depending on the client's
User-Agent string. May I suggest that you have a drop-down with something
like:

Choose user-agent: [ W3C_Validator/1.74 libwww-perl/5.48     ]
                   [ Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible, MSIE 4.0, W3C) ]
                   [ Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible, MSIE 5.5, W3C) ]
                   [ Mozilla/3.0 (Netscape)                  ]

Maybe put this on "advanced options" page or something. Right now
validator always gets my HTML-3.2 default page since its UA is not
recognized, but I would also like to check my HTML-4.0 and XHTML outputs,
which are given to Netscape, IE, and Mozilla... I also use HTML Tidy,
but I think this could be useful feature on the site.

Sincerely,
--
 0>  Konstantin Riabitsev (Mr. Icon) -> icon@mricon.com
/ )  My XML-XSLT powered website -> http://www.mricon.com/