Re: eCommerce links-non compatible with Validator.

From: Kevin R. Phillips <kevin@audiodesigns.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:50:31 -0500 (EST)
To: L.Wood@eim.surrey.ac.uk
Cc: www-validator@w3.org, gerald@w3.org

>Your ecommerce software's inability to be customised to use &amp; is
>the issue, then.

Yes, that is the issue. So, the question becomes are we invalid because of
these links (which we have found most ecommerce/shopping cart softwares
employ) or is it something that would be allowed or filtered in future w3c
validators? (or is there provision for exemption?)

As we attempt to get more sites sold on the idea of being compliant, this
will undoubtedly become a concern for etailers.

Thanks!
Kevin
UpBeats.com