RE: eCommerce links-non compatible with Validator.

From: Christian Smith <csmith@barebones.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:55:21 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org
cc: "Kevin R. Phillips" <kevin@audiodesigns.com>
On Wednesday, March 22, 2000 at 14:21, kevin@audiodesigns.com (Kevin R. Phillips) wrote:

> I thought that might be the case but unfortunately these links are for
> ordering the product assigned to that link. The link is created by the
> ecommerce software when it is entered into the database. We won't be able
> to change it to '&amp;' or else the link won't function.

That is not correct. Decoding of the encoded & will be handled by the
browser just as it handles decoding &amp; everywhere else. Until the & is
properly html entity encoded you won't be able to claim the files are
valid HTML 4.0.

--
Christian Smith  |  csmith@barebones.com  |  http://web.barebones.com

He who dies with the most friends... Is still dead!