RE: correct code - impaired presentation

From: Braverman, David <DBraverman@ingprime.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:48:15 -0500
To: "'JAMESICUS@aol.com'" <JAMESICUS@aol.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org, "'thomas@frovin.com'" <thomas@frovin.com>
> I have personally not experienced this, rather, I have always
> found that web pages that validate display correctly in all Browsers.

I wish that were true. I completely gave up trying to make my compliant code
work in Netscape. Most people, who for business reasons need to keep
Netscape compatibility, simply ignore the W3C recommendation. But Netscape
chokes to death on multiply-nested tables, and doesn't handle CSS very well,
so what can a designer do?

As an example, my personal site looks horrible in Netscape, even though
almost every page validates XHTML strict. Even before I converted from HTML4
strict, Netscape couldn't handle it.

David Braverman
http://www.braverman.org/