Flexibility for HTML validator...

From: Wes Groleau <wwgrol@ftw.rsc.raytheon.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:35:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Since the validator wants to go fetch the page from a URL fed
to it, it cannot validate pages hidden behind a firewall.
Perhaps this is intentional--"If you won't share your pages,
we won't share our validator."  But if not, it might be nice
to have an "alternate interface" where the user can cut/paste
the entire page contents into a form.

I realize you'd have to make it really clear to people,
"paste your HTML--do not cut from the web browser's rendering"