RE: OK to display W3C logo based on 3'rd party validator?

From: B. Szyszka <bart@gigabee.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:23:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Liam Quinn" <liam@htmlhelp.com>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
> > Hmm... WDG's validator doesn't seem to have support for XHTML:
> > http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http://www.gigabee.com&input=yes
> > Gives me a bunch of errors which I'm assuming are only there because
> > it wasn't able to detect XHTML there.
> Right, sorry about that.  I just now added support for XHTML 1.0.

OK, now that that validates, how about having a 'WDG Checked' button with
the HTML/XHTML/etc. version that the document validates too. Just like
the W3C's validator and Webtech's (when it existed). If someone uses WDG's
validator, I don't see why they would need to use the W3C validator's button
rather if the WDG had one.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx  http://www.bgrafyx.com