Re: Glitch in validator?

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 09:46:45 -0700
To: alansch@zip.com.au (Alan Schneider)
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
At 09:32 AM 10/06/1999 -0400, Alan Schneider wrote:
>Please do not hesitate to correct me if I have gotten
>this wrong, but I would have thought that the validator
>should basically ignore everything between the
><script type="..."> and the </script>.

You are wrong, you need to escape the "</", and this is the most
frequently asked question about the validator.  It's not a bug;
please see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/
as it's been covered there many times.  (In fact, I was sure just
from reading your subject line that you would be reporting the
same supposed "bug" as everyone else...)

Catch the web accessibility meme!                   http://aware.hwg.org/