RE: PNG versions of valid HTML images added

At 10:47 PM 10/05/1999 -0400, B. Szyszka wrote:
>> Isn't XHTML a proposed recommendation?  It doesn't make sense to issue
>> icons for something that has not cleared the W3C process yet.
>If I can validate the code against XHTML at the W3C validator, then I'm assuming
>that an icon that represents me taking that process is within the boundaries of
>logic.

It's not, because XHTML may still change.  It doesn't make sense to issue
icons for something that's still going through the W3C process; it's not
within the W3C's style to issue official icons for something that isn't
official yet.

Nothing says you are _guaranteed_ an icon for any particular validation
process.  In fact, validation icons may actually be a poor idea in the
long run, although in the short run they are good for promoting the
idea of interoperable web design.

Catch the web accessibility meme!                   http://aware.hwg.org/