Re: Parser Error?

From: Brian Gilkison <gilkison@one.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:24:51 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Andreas Mayer-Guerr wrote:
>Please check this and you will understand what I mean:
>
>http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baud.de%2Frc5%2Findex.html
>
>I think these error's are not justified. Please tell me if I'm wrong/your
>comment.

The ampersand character ("&") is what is generating your error, since the
validator is assuming what follows to be an entity reference.  The
preferred method to counter this is to user "&amp;" in place of "&" in
your URLs, or change the separation character in your CGIs to some
character that does not have any special significance in HTML (such as
";").

See http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#amp for a more
detailed description of the problem with additional links...

Brian Gilkison