Re: Parser Error?

From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 16:20:56 -0400
To: Andreas Mayer-Guerr <amayer@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>, www-validator@w3.org
At 08:50 AM 6/9/99 -0400, Andreas Mayer-Guerr wrote:

>I think these error's are not justified. Please tell me if I'm wrong/your
>comment.

Sure they are.

The ampersand character, which simply typed as & indicates the start of a
character entity. The validator is telling you that &limit and &source
aren't valid character entities.

When writing the URL for this link, use &amp; and the problem will go away
(and the link still works, because &amp; is properly resolved by the
browser).

Ann
---

Author of Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials
Buy it Online - http://www.webgeek.com/about.html
Coming this summer! --- Mastering XML

Founder, WebGeek Communications            http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org