Re: ordering of background shorthand properties

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:14:08 +0000
To: lknuf@t-online.de
CC: "info@use-affairs.com" <info@use-affairs.com>, "www-validator-css@w3.org" <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Well, there is certainly something odd going on here.
If I follow the "CSS" link at the bottom of

	http://www.use-affairs.com/

I am told :

> W3C CSS Validator results for http://www.use-affairs.com/ (CSS level 2)
> Sorry! We found the following errors (4)
> URI : http://www.use-affairs.com/style01.css

If I then copy-and-paste the CSS URL from the last line above
and modify the current Validator URL to read :

	http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.use-affairs.com/style01.css

I am told :

> W3C CSS Validator results for http://www.use-affairs.com/style01.css (CSS level 2.1)
> Congratulations! No Error Found.
>
> This document validates as CSS level 2.1 !

If I then append :

	&profile=css2

as in your original "CSS" link to the current Validator URL,
I am once again told :

> W3C CSS Validator results for http://www.use-affairs.com/style01.css (CSS level 2)
> Sorry! We found the following errors (4)
> URI : http://www.use-affairs.com/style01.css

Thus the problem would appear to lie in differences between
either CSS 2 and CSS 2.1 or in the CSS Validator's treatment
thereof.

Philip Taylor
--------