RE: Question on why my CSS file won't validate

From: Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:06:56 -0600
To: "Andreas Prilop" <AndreasPrilop2006@trashmail.net>, <www-validator-css@w3.org>

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your response.  I expect this thread is not the place to have
a discussion about the merits or lack thereof of utf encodings in style
sheets; but I wonder if your personal opinions may be influencing your

For instance, I doubt if most non-English speakers would agree with you
that style sheets, especially those with generated content, should
restrict themselves to ASCII.  I guess I fail to see how utf-8 or
ISO8859-1 is in any way inappropriate.  Of course, neither of those
requires BOMs...

If you think continuing the discussion might be fruitful, please reply
off-list.

Best wishes,

Melinda