Re: Bug in the validator (color format) ?

Jukka K. Korpela wrotes :

> It was very essential to include the URL (though it seems to have
> been hidden from several mail programs, since you used a mixture
> of HTML format and plain text - please post in plain text only).

  Sorry.  I subscribed with the address my new ISP provided me.  But
it doesn't allow me to post only text :-(.

> The style sheet at that URL contains octet 160 (decimal) right
> before the semicolon. Technically, it is undefined, since 160 is
> not in the ASCII range and no character encoding was specified.
> But setting the encoding, either in HTTP headers or using @charset
> "iso-8859-1"; at the start of the CSS file, does not help - since
> the meaning of 160 in iso-8859-1 is NO-BREAK SPACE, which is not
> allowed as a whitespace character in CSS. Replacing it by a normal
> space fixes the problem.

  Ok.  I configured Emacs to insert insecable whitespaces begore ';'.
Only in Text Mode, off course, not in programming language Modes.
But I edit CSS in... Text Mode.  Thanks for the solution.  Mea
culpa ...

  Thanks, and sorry for the disturbance,

--drkm