RE: fiduciary duty, entire fairness and opportunity cost

I agree with Bill.  Operationally, if the self-dealing contract is "fair"
(that is, within the contract range in an Edgeworth box), that should
satisfy the legal standard.  Courts have a difficult enough job assessing
fairness in a single transaction.  Institutionally, how could they possibly
examine every other potential transaction in a firm's opportunity set to
determine that none was more favorable?  Such a requirement would have the
perverse result of rendering effective judicial review near-impossible.

You are currently subscribed to bizlaw as: www-validator-css@w3.org