RE: fiduciary duty, entire fairness and opportunity cost

I don't think that the other opportunity would have to have been uniquely and briefly available.  The conflict-of-interest transaction might, for example, be with a billboard company, while -- in hindsight -- the money could have been much better spent on radio advertising.

Daniel Kleinberger

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Posin [mailto:dposin@law.tulane.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 3:10 PM
To: BIZLAW
Subject: RE: fiduciary duty, entire fairness and opportunity cost

Yeah, I'm having trouble putting the idea that the transaction was the arm's length fair price together with the idea that there was a superior opportunity available for limited corporate funds.  Of course maybe the alternative was something of unusual value uniquely (and briefly) available to the company, for one reason or another.  I'd like to see Vice Chancellor Strine tee off on that one.

	Daniel Q Posin
	Judge René H. Himel Professor of Law
	Tulane Law School
	6329 Freret Street