no stylesheet found in cgi - *with* type=text/css

From: <bro@ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:59:50 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

 The Validator is telling me 'no stylesheet found'
for a cgi (perl) document with a <link> which _does_
have its type="text/css".

The HTML is valid, and the script's output validates
when saved as wp.html.

Note that my wp_style.css exists both in cgi-bin and the root
(via a symbolic link).

Am I missing something? or is this a more general bug
than the php problem: "No style sheet found"
(for which  have seen no response yet) ?

John Bro
Academic Spoken English
Univ. Florida