Re: Validating my Stylesheet

CheriBeri25@aol.com wrote:

> I ran the CSS1 validation on my stylesheet and it came back with "no error or
> warning found." However, it then says "To work as intended, your CSS style
> sheet needs a correct document parse tree. This means you should use valid
> HTML."
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know what that means or how to adjust my stylesheet so
> that I can use the W3C CSS logo that says I conform.

This message needs to be improved. Karl Dubost is working on improving the
error/pages from the CSS validator. It means that you should validate your
document with the HTML validator first (if it is an HTML document).

> When I got "no errors or warnings" on the W3C HTML validator, it told me I
> could use the logo. With the CSS validator, it does not tell me I can use the
> logo.

Hum, that's weird. The CSS validator should tell you to use the icon if your
CSS1 document doesn't contain an error. What is the address of your web page?

Philippe