Validating my Stylesheet

From: <CheriBeri25@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 20:30:40 EST
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
I ran the CSS1 validation on my stylesheet and it came back with "no error or
warning found." However, it then says "To work as intended, your CSS style
sheet needs a correct document parse tree. This means you should use valid
HTML."

Unfortunately, I don't know what that means or how to adjust my stylesheet so
that I can use the W3C CSS logo that says I conform.

When I got "no errors or warnings" on the W3C HTML validator, it told me I
could use the logo. With the CSS validator, it does not tell me I can use the
logo.

Can you help me?