RE: Server Side Magic.

From: Stu Lewis (sdl7@aber.ac.uk)
Date: Tue, Jun 19 2001

    Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:41:59 +0100 (BST)
    From: Stu Lewis <sdl7@aber.ac.uk>
    To: Tomas.Majak@speedytomato.net
    cc: jvierine@mail.niksula.cs.hut.fi, www-mobile@w3.org, www-tv@w3.org
    Subject: RE: Server Side Magic.

    Juha / Tomas,

    The suggestion that Tomas made will work. I have recently completed a
    working server using CC/PP. It only worked on 3 parameters; the ML that
    the browser requires, the size of the UA screen, and the MIME types that
    the browser accepts.

    My servlet dynamically made a XSL stylesheet to reformat the content that
    was stored in XML. It reformatted the XML content to whatever markup
    language the browser wanted (e.g. HTML, WML etc). The tricky XML/XSL
    conversions were performed using Cocoon from apache (xml.apache.com). It
    is a great project that allows easy manipulation of XML and XML
    stylesheets.

    Email me personally if you would like more details.

    Stu.