RE: Server Side Magic.

All,

The Model View Controller pattern provides an excellent solution to this
design issue, indeed I'd call it the 'standard solution' to this problem.

This is just one link,

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/blueprints/design_patterns/model_view_controller/in
dex.html

a search for 'Model View Controller' in you're favourite search engine
should turn up a lot more articles.

Martin Spamer
Senior Software Engineer
Kingston Communications