Re: I-D ACTION:draft-zigmond-tv-url-03.txt

From: Craig A. Finseth (fin@finseth.com)
Date: Tue, Jan 11 2000

    Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:34:40 -0600 (CST)
    From: "Craig A. Finseth" <fin@finseth.com>
    To: James.Peters@motorola.com
    Cc: djz@corp.webtv.net, www-tv@w3.org, James.Peters@motorola.com
    Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-zigmond-tv-url-03.txt

       While reading the archives of the list I noticed that there have been
       discussions relating to specifying time in the URI but I don't see
       references to time in this draft.  What was the result of discussing time as
       an aspect of the URI?  Is it contained in another document?

    All of those discussions used the fragment syntax.  Definitions of how
    to interpret fragment identifiers (beyond what is stated in RFC 2396)
    are associated with the content type of the data, not the URI used to
    access the content.  As such, such definitions have no place in this
    (or any) URI scheme definition.

    Craig