RE: I-D ACTION:draft-zigmond-tv-url-03.txt

From: Peters James-LJP035 (James.Peters@motorola.com)
Date: Tue, Jan 11 2000

    From: Peters James-LJP035 <James.Peters@motorola.com>
    To: "'Dan Zigmond'" <djz@corp.webtv.net>, WWW TV List <www-tv@w3.org>
    Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:49:46 -0500
    Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-zigmond-tv-url-03.txt

    > A variety of software systems currently provide device-specific mappings
    from such identifiers to specific channel numbers or
    > directly to frequencies.  These systems can be incorporated into
    television sets or set-top boxes to facilitate the interpretation of  >
    television URIs by the client device.

    What impact will time shifting of television content have on the URI scheme?
    Will the scheme allow referencing television content which has been cached
    locally and it not the current real time broadcast content?

    -Jim
    James F. Peters
    Staff Engineer,
    Motorola, Broadband Communications Sector
    James.Peters@Motorola.com