RE: TV Back Channel

From: Michael A. Dolan (miked@tbt.com)
Date: Mon, May 15 2000

    Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 11:11:11 -0700
    To: Martin Spamer <martin_spamer@kingston-comms.co.uk>
    From: "Michael A. Dolan" <miked@tbt.com>
    Cc: "'Venkatesh D N'" <venkatesh.nag@wipro.com>, www-tv@w3.org
    Subject: RE: TV Back Channel

    Martin-

    RTSP is the session control protocol only and doesn't specify how to carry
    anything.

    And, it is not meant to even control complex MPEG-TS streams, including
    DSMCC carousels, PSI, etc.  It was really designed for program or
    elementary streams, not transport packets.  It certainly *could* be used to
    control them I suppose, but I'm not aware of anyone doing this.

             Mike

    At 05:56 PM 5/15/00 +0100, Martin Spamer wrote:
> [...]

    Michael A. Dolan, Representing DIRECTV,  (619)445-9070
    PO Box 1673 Alpine, CA 91903        FAX: (619)445-6122