Re: TV Back Channel

From: M. Reha Civanlar (civanlar@research.att.com)
Date: Mon, May 15 2000

    From: "M. Reha Civanlar" <civanlar@research.att.com>
    To: <www-tv@w3.org>
    Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 14:33:48 -0400
    Subject: Re: TV Back Channel

    RFC 2250 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2250.txt?number=2250) describes how to
    transport MPEG-2 over IP.

    At least one commercial product that implements this is Cisco's IP/TV
    (http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/cisco/mkt/video/.)

    RTSP can be used to implement "VCR-type" functions and program selection in
    VoD. The latter can be accomplished in many other ways (SAP, SIP, HTML,
    etc.) also.

    M. Reha Civanlar
    Division Manager, AT&T Labs - Research
    100 Schultz Drive, 3-215, Red Bank, NJ 07701, U.S.A
    Ph: +1 732 345 3305
    Fax: +1 732 345 3033
    civanlar@research.att.com
    http://www.research.att.com/info/mrc