Re: URL: Background and Requirements

From: Gomer Thomas (gomer@lgerca.com)
Date: Tue, Nov 03 1998

Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 14:22:49 -0500
From: Gomer Thomas <gomer@lgerca.com>
To: www-tv <www-tv@w3.org>
Subject: Re: URL: Background and Requirements

Henning, Glenn -

All of this discussion has been so interesting that I almost hate to mention
that I was not thinking of a caching situation at all. I was thinking of a
situation where the user has consciously downloaded the resource for more or
less permanent local storage. People often download large documents from
Internet servers so they don't have to endure the download delay every time
they want to look at them. They often download interesting news articles
from Web sites because they may disappear from the server after a few days.
They often record TV shows to add to their video collection.

--
Gomer Thomas
LGERCA, Inc.