From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:charles@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 9:21 AM
To: Rob Lanphier
Cc: Ivan Herman; www-tt-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Timed Text work

Well, it is possible that we want a couple of modules. The normal use case
is
and going to use a handful of text elements, some styling and positioning
(we
have a couple of ways of doing that), and timing/synchronisation.

If modularising XHTML and SMIL and maybe SVG together into profiles turns
out
to be the best way to go, it should be simple to build a richer featured
version with things that provide for interactivity, etc.

cheers

Chaals