Re: [rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6] Algorithm for creating a URI from a QName in RDF Model?

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:15:16 +0300
To: ext Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
CC: www talk <www-talk@w3.org>

On 2002-05-29 15:05, "ext Graham Klyne" <GK@ninebynine.org> wrote:

> .. (e.g. I have a
> convention in my web space that http://id.ninebynine.org/ is used for such
> abstract identifiers.  I think it helps to clarify the intent, but it
> doesn't make all the problems go away, such as my second question above.)

Tut, tut, Graham ;-)

How is this any different from voc://ninebynine.org/... except that the
convention is not standardized and the semantics that the URI denotes an
abstract resource is specific/proprietary to your own practices?

This seems to conflict with your earlier expressed opinion that the URI
should not reflect itself whether the resource is or is not "on the web"

Eh?

Patrick