multipart/* HTTP responses

From: G. Wade Johnson <gwadej@anomaly.org>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 13:03:28 -0500
To: www-talk@w3.org

About a month and a half ago, I asked a question on this list about
multipart/* responses to HTTP requests. I'd like to thank the people
that responded. Here's a summary of what I found out.

Although browsers, in general do not support "multipart/mixed"
"multipart/alternative" at some point.

However, some special purpose applications including bugzilla do
use the "multipart/*" mime-types in responses.

In summary, although it is not common, I cannot ignore the possibility
that I'll need to code for this kind of response.

Thanks for everyone's help.
G. Wade
--
There are 2 possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis, then
you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis,