Re: [rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6] Algorithm for creating a URI from a QName in RDF Model?

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:07:21 +0100
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, www talk <www-talk@w3.org>

At 09:15 AM 5/30/02 +0300, Patrick Stickler wrote:
>On 2002-05-29 15:05, "ext Graham Klyne" <GK@ninebynine.org> wrote:
>
> > .. (e.g. I have a
> > convention in my web space that http://id.ninebynine.org/ is used for such
> > abstract identifiers.  I think it helps to clarify the intent, but it
> > doesn't make all the problems go away, such as my second question above.)
>
>Tut, tut, Graham ;-)
>
>How is this any different from voc://ninebynine.org/... except that the
>convention is not standardized and the semantics that the URI denotes an
>abstract resource is specific/proprietary to your own practices?

Exactly that!

It's not standard, and it's something that I as owner of the domain space
choose to do.

It does nothing to change the universal elements of interpretation of a URI.

>This seems to conflict with your earlier expressed opinion that the URI
>should not reflect itself whether the resource is or is not "on the web"

Er, no:  what I said was:
[[
(By which, I mean that I don't accept them as universal proposals:  I have
no argument with their use as a convenient mechanism by you or any other
developers. ...
]]

I might have added "domain owners".

#g