RE: FW: draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7)

+1 to Mark Nottingham's response. (Mark neglected to send his response to
the entire list, so please read it below.)

I have studied REST, and I agree with Mark N that it is indeed powerful. And
I have repeated encouraged W3C to explore new and wonderful designs based on
the REST architecture. But I do not believe that REST is the answer to all
things, or necessarily the best architecture for *every* networked
application (although it definitely is for many!). As with Mark N, I like to
keep a lot of tools in my tool box, and I prefer to use the best tool for
the job at hand.

I also do not believe that REST will be the last great architectural idea
that someone will compose in my lifetime. I've experienced a lot of very
exciting new ideas during the last 45 years, and I'm convince that I will
experience a lot more during the next 45 years. Innovation and
open-mindedness are what keep me going.

The Web has been around longer than REST. You're trying to revise history by
saying that the Web architecture = REST.

Respectfully,
Anne