RE: FW: draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7)

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 09:26, Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
> The Web has been around longer than REST. You're trying to revise history by
> saying that the Web architecture = REST.

I don't think it takes a REST zealot - I've blasted REST a number of
times on xml-dev and will likely do so again in the future - to see that
REST at least fits into the Web architecture neatly, while it's pretty
obvious that Web Services (as SOAP/WSDL/UDDI) does not, cannot, and
probably should not.

There's no need for historical revisionism whatsoever. If, as you said
yesterday [1], "Web services (based on the existing Web services
architecture) aren't constrained by Web technologies" could you please
stop claiming that Web Services are or should be part of the Web?

This seems like a remarkably obvious conclusion.  There's lots of room
on the Internet for things that aren't part of the Web.

[1] - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Apr/0249.html

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!