Re: for Advisory Committee

But is it realistic?

Doesn't the W3C has a contract with its Members regarding the release of
Member-confidential information? It cuts both ways; opening the archives
would expose the Consortium to lawsuits from any and every Member that
is or ever was.

 From what I can see, the W3C is making the live lists of more and more
WGs public-accessible, in addition to their public status reports [1].
That's commendable.

Regarding participation, that is a radical change in the nature of the
Consortium, and personally I doubt its wisdom. The W3C is a Consortium,
not the IETF.

1.
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/groups.html#three-month-rule

--