Re: for Advisory Committee

On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 13:12, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Regarding participation, that is a radical change in the nature of the
> Consortium, and personally I doubt its wisdom. The W3C is a Consortium,
> not the IETF.

Certainly.  Given the Consortium-nature of the W3C and its membership
basis, I strongly recommend that non-members treat the W3C with a good
deal more cynicism than has historically been the case.

The W3C is not a friendly non-profit aiming for the good of the world.
It would perhaps be nice if it was, but as Mark points out, it's not,
and not likely to be.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!