Re: for Advisory Committee

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: 08 Apr 2002 13:21:38 -0400
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>, www-talk@w3.org
On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 13:12, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Regarding participation, that is a radical change in the nature of the
> Consortium, and personally I doubt its wisdom. The W3C is a Consortium,
> not the IETF.

Certainly.  Given the Consortium-nature of the W3C and its membership
basis, I strongly recommend that non-members treat the W3C with a good
deal more cynicism than has historically been the case.

The W3C is not a friendly non-profit aiming for the good of the world.
It would perhaps be nice if it was, but as Mark points out, it's not,
and not likely to be.
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!