RE: What is at the end of the namespace?

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:57:27 +0200
To: a.powell@ukoln.ac.uk, sean@mysterylights.com
Cc: www-talk@w3.org, uri@w3.org

This is my assertion.

> and that
> we've probably got past the stage where it is worth having
> the argument.

Well, it'll take awhile to turn the boat around, but I think
it's worth trying...

> A question...
> If I make an RDF statement about
> http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#, am I making a
> statement about
> a conceptual namespace, or about the RDFS resource that is at
> that URI?
> In either case, how do I make a statement about the other one?

I'm about to submit a number of I-D's to the IETF for several
URI schemes, including the following two, which address your

Web Resource:

 = the web resource (if any ;-)

URI Reification:

 = the reified URI of the web resource

   <rdf:Description rdf:about="doi:10.92881929382">
   <rdf:Description rdf:about="uri:doi:10.92881929382">

in which case, Bob created the resource but the URI
itself was minted by the DOI agency DOI's-R-Us

Namespace Reification and Prefixation:

 = the namespace, with associated namespace prefix

 = the namespace, with no namespace prefix

I intend to proactively support the URI registration process,
taking account of all comments, suggestions, criticisms, etc.
with the goal of seeing the above URI schemes registered
(along with some others ;-)

These two URI schemes belong to the class of URIs called
Uniform Resource Primitives (URP) as defined in section 1.1.2 of

which is also being revised and expanded as an I-D.