Re: Signing Document and PICS

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 21:19:38 -0500
To: "Russell O'Connor" <roconnor@math.berkeley.edu>, <www-talk@w3.org>
Russell O'Connor <roconnor@math.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I want to people who browse my webpages to know that these pages were made
> by me. As such I figured adding a PICS label to my webpages is the way to
> go.

Actually, looking at the way the W3C is moving it would probably be best to
have an RDF statement at the top. RDF used to be called PICS-NG, so they're
quite similar. Basically, the name value pair would be creator = "Russell
O'Connor". Here's what it could look like:

         xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
  <rdf:Description rdf:about=""

      dc:creator     = "Russell O'Connor"
      dc:title       = "My document"
      dc:description = "My ramblings about my summer vacation."
      dc:date        = "2001-09-10"

  />
</rdf:RDF>

Feel free to take out the lines (title, description, date) that aren't
needed. Now just stick it in the <head> of your document and you're good to
go.

Hope this helps,