Re: Technical Internet Advancements for White House Internet Strategies

From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 12:24:38 -0500
To: Jon Crowcroft <J.Crowcroft@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Cc: Steven Clift <slc@publicus.net>, ietf@ietf.org, www-talk@w3c.org
In message <12958.978626648@cs.ucl.ac.uk>, Jon Crowcroft writes:

>some of the folks on this list aren't american or US citezens and
>might think that this is a bit presumptious.....but here goes:-

I think you're over-assuming -- from looking at the Web site, I did not
get the impression that this was in any way organized by the White
House.  It looks like something that Clift is organizing on his own.
(Steven Clift, am I wrong on that point?  Is this being done by request
of the incoming administration?)

>the first thing the white house should do is educate its customers and
>organise voting properly

Sigh.

>the next thing it should do is apply for membership of the European
>Union

I doubt they'd want us, though if they did it would end the problem of
the Euro dropping with respect to the dollar...

		--Steve Bellovin