Re: Improve the traffic condition on the Internet

From: Stephen Turner <S.R.E.Turner@statslab.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 12:54:34 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-talk@w3.org
I may be missing something here, but couldn't there be a way in the HTTP
protocol to specify that one wants the end of a file, missing off the first
n bytes, say? Often I find myself getting half of a long file before losing
the connection, and having to get the whole file again. This decreases the
chance of my being able to complete the retrieval and increases traffic on
the network. Comments?

--
Stephen R. E. Turner
  Stochastic Networks Group, Statistical Laboratory, University of Cambridge