Re: Middle ground change proposal for httpRange-14 -- submission

On 3/26/12 3:48 AM, トーレ エリクソン wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Although we differ on the point of Information Resources (surprise,
> surprise), I think your proposal is quite similar to mine. I'd like you
> to clarify one difference though. In section 3.23 you require
>
> @prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
> <http://example/toucan> rdfs:isDefinedBy <http://example/toucan> .
>
> Why can't the representation be a URI definition even without this
> statement? It seems to me that it being served as a 200 should be enough
> to be sure of its validity.
>
> Regards,
> Tore Eriksson
>
> (Sorry, resending since I forgot to cc the list)
> _:this dc:creator [
>        foaf:name "Tore Eriksson",
>                  "トーレ エリクソン"@jp;
>        foaf:mbox_sha1sum "2bd9291b301f112775e118f96eb63314594b1a86";
>        foaf:workplaceHomepage <http://www.taisho.co.jp/> ].

David,

@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
<http://example/toucan> rdfs:isDefinedBy <http://example/toucan> .

Should be:

@prefix wdrs: <http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#> .
<http://example/toucan> wdrs:describedby <http://example/toucan> .

Even more so if we are going to have HTTP servers dispatching the following relation to user agents, via response metadata:

Link: <http://example.com/uri-documentation>; rel="describedby"

And for additional bonus points, re. many Web developers that operate at the (X)HTML resource level, you have the same relation expressed in <link/> relations in <head/>.

Links:

1. http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5988 -- Web Linking .

* Snippet and examples from my earlier reply to David Wood *
There is an inverse of rdfs:isDefinedBy [1].

Here's some easy to read SPASQL (SPARQL + SQL) showcasing the use of
rdfs:isDefinedBy, wdrs:describedby etc..

INSERT INTO <http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nco/>

{?s rdfs:isDefinedBy
<http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nco#> .

<http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nco#>
<http://open.vocab.org/terms/defines> ?s.

<http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nco#> a owl:Ontology .

?s <http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#describedby>
<http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nco/>}

FROM <http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nco/>

WHERE { optional {?s rdfs:subClassOf ?o}. optional {?s
rdfs:subPropertyOf ?o}. optional {?s owl:equivalentClass ?o}. optional
{?s owl:equivalentProperty ?o}. optional {?s a ?o}} .

Links:

1. http://open.vocab.org/docs/defines

2.
http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.semanticdesktop.org%2Fontologies%2F2007%2F03%2F22%2Fnco%23
-- net effect of the SPASQL above i.e., a readable document that
describes a specific ontology

3.
http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.semanticdesktop.org%2Fontologies%2F2007%2F03%2F22%2Fnco%23Contact
-- a specific snippet.

Note re. sample pages 1&2, click on the @href of the "About:.." text and
you end up in the data space from which the URI in question originates.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO