W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > January 2012

Re: Agenda for TAG teleconference of 19 January 2012

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:32:51 -0500
Message-ID: <4F170243.4010404@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
CC: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Jeni Tennison has had something come up and has sent regrets for tomorrow, 
but she encourages us to discuss the proposed wrapup of the RDFa/Microdata 
work [1] if we get that far. My intention is to start the discussion, and 
if there is any problem reaching consensus on something close to her 
proposal, we'll defer for a later telcon. Thank you.

Noah

[1] www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/19-agenda#microdata
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html

On 1/17/2012 5:22 PM, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
> The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 19 January 2012 is now available
> at [1,2], and in text-only form below. We will be joined for the session on
> Certificate Authorities by Harry Halpin and Thomas Roessler.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Noah
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/19-agenda
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
>
> =================================================
>
> [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]4-6 January 2012 (F2F) This: [4]19
> January 2012 Next: [5]26 January 2012 (F2F)
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
> [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda
> [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/19-agenda
> [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/26-agenda
>
> Agenda of 19 January 2012 TAG Teleconference
>
> Nearby: [6]Teleconference details - [7]issues list - [8]open actions
> - [9]pending review actions - [10]www-tag archive - [11]tag archive
> 1. Convene
> + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: [12]TBD (unconfirmed)
> + Roll call -- Regrets: Larry Masinter
> + Future regrets: Noah Mendelsohn (possible regrets for 26
> January)
> + Agenda Review - [13]this agenda
> + Next Meeting: 26 January 2012, Chair: ??? (Noah Mendelsohn
> is at risk)
> + Future scribes: Peter Linss - > Dan Appelquist - > Yves
> Lafon
> 2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
> + [14]15 December 2011
> + [15]minutes of 4-6 January 2012 F2F
> 3. Administrative items
> + Welcome, Robin Berjon, and congratulations to Henry
> Thompson
> + Future F2F meetings:
> o Sophia Antipolis, France: 2-4 April 2012
> o Cambridge, MA, USA: 12-14 June 2012 ([16]agreed at
> January 2012 F2F)
> + Noah is at risk for 26 January 2012.
> 4. Security Issues with Certificate Authorities
> + Harry Halpin and Thomas Roessler will join us for this
> discussion
> + Goals:
> o Decide whether the TAG should investigate the
> implications for the Web of security issues with
> Certificate Authorities and management of certs.
> + Background:
> o [17]E-mail from Harry Halpin suggesting that
> CA-related security issues merit attention from the
> TAG
> o [18]Noah Mendelsohn and [19]Tim Berners-Lee agree that
> this is an important challenge to the Web, and that
> the TAG should consider it
> o [20]F2F discussion of CA issue on 6 January 2012
> 5. [21]ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Persistent references
> + Goals:
> o Revew and update [22]draft product page from Henry
> Thompson — agree on goals, schedules, and deliverables
> for TAG work on persistence of references
> + Background:
> o [23]F2F discussion of persistence on 4 January 2012
> o [24]ACTION-528: on - Henry Thompson - Create and get
> consensus on a product page and tracker product page
> for persistence of names - Due: 2012-01-06 - OPEN
> o [25]Discussion at the Sept. 2011 F2F in Edinburgh
> o Earlier background:
> # E-mail from Jonathan Rees [26]Persistence at Sept
> 2011 TAG F2F (required reading)
> # E-mail from Henry Thompson [27]suggesting
> consideration of a possible workshop on domain
> persistence at the [28]7th International Digital
> Curation Conference
> # [29]ACTION-478: on - Jonathan Rees - Prepare a
> second draft of a finding on persistence of
> references, to be based on decision tree from
> Oct. 2010 F2F - Due: 2011-12-20 - OPEN
> # [30]ACTION-477: on - Henry Thompson - Organize
> meeting on persistence of domains - Due:
> 2011-10-04 - CLOSED
> # See also [31]agenda item on Persistent References
> from 6-8 June 2011 F2F (as best the chair can
> determine, this was on the agenda for June, but
> not discussed due to time constraints)
> # [32]Jonathan requests opportunity for F2F
> discussion and lists potential discussion topics
> # [33]Discussion at Feb. 2011 F2F
> # [34]ACTION-444: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a
> white paper on link persistence - Due: 2010-10-11
> - CLOSED
> # [35]ACTION-414: on - Henry S. Thompson - Prepare
> a draft agenda, including goals and means, for a
> proposed afternoon session with invited guests,
> and circulate for discussion prior to a decision,
> on the subject of addressing the persistence of
> domain names - Due: 2010-06-01 - CLOSED
> # [36]June 2010 F2F discussion of domain name
> persistence; [37]October 2010 F2F discussion of
> domain name persistence
> 6. Microdata/RDFa
> + Goals:
> o Verify that the [38]draft product page from Jeni
> Tennison represents an appropriate wrapup to the TAG's
> work on Microdata & RDFa
> + Background:
> o [39]Technical discussion and [40]product wrapup at 5
> January 2012 TAG F2F session
> o [41]Draft product page proposing wrapup of TAG work on
> this topic (per agreement at F2F)
> o [42]ACTION-654: on - Jeni Tennison - Write "product"
> page summarizing wrapup of RDFa/Microdata work - Due:
> 2012-01-31 - PENDING REVIEW
> o Older background:
> # [43]Request for guidance from Jeni Tennison
> # [44]ACTION-631: on - Jeni Tennison - Suggest how
> is best to deal with explicit reference to only
> Microdata (not RDFa) from HTML spec - Due:
> 2011-11-18 - CLOSED
> # [45]ACTION-614: on - Jeni Tennison - Report on
> progress relating to RDFa and Microdata - Due:
> 2012-01-06 - PENDING REVIEW
> # [46]Discussion on 10 November
> # Bugs against Microdata and RDFa raised by Jeni:
> [47]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id
> =14470 and
> [48]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id
> =14114
> # HTML WG relating to TAG input:
> [49]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id
> =13100 (marked RESOLVED WONTFIX) and
> [50]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id
> =13101 (RESOLVED NEEDSINFO)
> # TAG [51]e-mail raising last-call issues on
> Microdata and RDFa.
> # [52]Discussion on 21 July 2011
> -->
> 7. Pending Review Items:
> + [53]Pending review actions in [54]Tracker
> 8. Overdue Action Items:
> + [55]Overdue actions in [56]Tracker
> 9. Any other business
> _________________________________________________________
>
> [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
> [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
> [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
> [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
> [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
> [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
> [12] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2012Jan/0039.html
> [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/19-agenda
> [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/15-minutes
> [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda
> [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/05-minutes#item01
> [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0083.html
> [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0087.html
> [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0093.html
> [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/06-minutes#item09
> [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
> [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/persistence.html
> [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-minutes#item02
> [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/528
> [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/14-minutes.html#item03
> [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0009.html
> [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0011.html
> [28] http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11
> [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/478
> [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/477
> [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/06-agenda#persistence
> [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0009.html
> [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/09-minutes#item06
> [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/444
> [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/414
> [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/07-minutes.html#item04
> [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/20-minutes#item01
> [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html
> [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/05-minutes#item02
> [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/05-minutes#item05
> [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html
> [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/654
> [43] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Dec/0030.html
> [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/631
> [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/614
> [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/10-minutes#item05
> [47] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=14470
> [48] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=14114
> [49] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13100
> [50] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13101
> [51] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0136.html
> [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/21-minutes#item03
> [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
> [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
> [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
> [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
>
>
> Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
> $Revision: 1.3 $ of $Date: 2012/01/17 22:19:38 $
>
> [57]Valid XHTML 1.1
>
> [57] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
>
Received on Wednesday, 18 January 2012 17:33:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:44 GMT