W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > January 2012

Agenda for TAG teleconference of 19 January 2012

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:22:01 -0500
Message-ID: <4F15F489.30304@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
CC: Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 19 January 2012 is now available 
at [1,2], and in text-only form below. We will be joined for the session on 
Certificate Authorities by Harry Halpin and Thomas Roessler.

Thank you very much.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/19-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

=================================================

    [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]4-6 January 2012 (F2F) This: [4]19
    January 2012 Next: [5]26 January 2012 (F2F)

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/19-agenda
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/26-agenda

              Agenda of 19 January 2012 TAG Teleconference

    Nearby: [6]Teleconference details - [7]issues list - [8]open actions
    - [9]pending review actions - [10]www-tag archive - [11]tag archive
     1. Convene
           + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: [12]TBD (unconfirmed)
           + Roll call -- Regrets: Larry Masinter
           + Future regrets: Noah Mendelsohn (possible regrets for 26
             January)
           + Agenda Review - [13]this agenda
           + Next Meeting: 26 January 2012, Chair: ??? (Noah Mendelsohn
             is at risk)
           + Future scribes: Peter Linss - > Dan Appelquist - > Yves
             Lafon
     2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
           + [14]15 December 2011
           + [15]minutes of 4-6 January 2012 F2F
     3. Administrative items
           + Welcome, Robin Berjon, and congratulations to Henry
             Thompson
           + Future F2F meetings:
                o Sophia Antipolis, France: 2-4 April 2012
                o Cambridge, MA, USA: 12-14 June 2012 ([16]agreed at
                  January 2012 F2F)
           + Noah is at risk for 26 January 2012.
     4. Security Issues with Certificate Authorities
           + Harry Halpin and Thomas Roessler will join us for this
             discussion
           + Goals:
                o Decide whether the TAG should investigate the
                  implications for the Web of security issues with
                  Certificate Authorities and management of certs.
           + Background:
                o [17]E-mail from Harry Halpin suggesting that
                  CA-related security issues merit attention from the
                  TAG
                o [18]Noah Mendelsohn and [19]Tim Berners-Lee agree that
                  this is an important challenge to the Web, and that
                  the TAG should consider it
                o [20]F2F discussion of CA issue on 6 January 2012
     5. [21]ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Persistent references
           + Goals:
                o Revew and update [22]draft product page from Henry
                  Thompson — agree on goals, schedules, and deliverables
                  for TAG work on persistence of references
           + Background:
                o [23]F2F discussion of persistence on 4 January 2012
                o [24]ACTION-528: on - Henry Thompson - Create and get
                  consensus on a product page and tracker product page
                  for persistence of names - Due: 2012-01-06 - OPEN
                o [25]Discussion at the Sept. 2011 F2F in Edinburgh
                o Earlier background:
                     # E-mail from Jonathan Rees [26]Persistence at Sept
                       2011 TAG F2F (required reading)
                     # E-mail from Henry Thompson [27]suggesting
                       consideration of a possible workshop on domain
                       persistence at the [28]7th International Digital
                       Curation Conference
                     # [29]ACTION-478: on - Jonathan Rees - Prepare a
                       second draft of a finding on persistence of
                       references, to be based on decision tree from
                       Oct. 2010 F2F - Due: 2011-12-20 - OPEN
                     # [30]ACTION-477: on - Henry Thompson - Organize
                       meeting on persistence of domains - Due:
                       2011-10-04 - CLOSED
                     # See also [31]agenda item on Persistent References
                       from 6-8 June 2011 F2F (as best the chair can
                       determine, this was on the agenda for June, but
                       not discussed due to time constraints)
                     # [32]Jonathan requests opportunity for F2F
                       discussion and lists potential discussion topics
                     # [33]Discussion at Feb. 2011 F2F
                     # [34]ACTION-444: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a
                       white paper on link persistence - Due: 2010-10-11
                       - CLOSED
                     # [35]ACTION-414: on - Henry S. Thompson - Prepare
                       a draft agenda, including goals and means, for a
                       proposed afternoon session with invited guests,
                       and circulate for discussion prior to a decision,
                       on the subject of addressing the persistence of
                       domain names - Due: 2010-06-01 - CLOSED
                     # [36]June 2010 F2F discussion of domain name
                       persistence; [37]October 2010 F2F discussion of
                       domain name persistence
     6. Microdata/RDFa
           + Goals:
                o Verify that the [38]draft product page from Jeni
                  Tennison represents an appropriate wrapup to the TAG's
                  work on Microdata & RDFa
           + Background:
                o [39]Technical discussion and [40]product wrapup at 5
                  January 2012 TAG F2F session
                o [41]Draft product page proposing wrapup of TAG work on
                  this topic (per agreement at F2F)
                o [42]ACTION-654: on - Jeni Tennison - Write "product"
                  page summarizing wrapup of RDFa/Microdata work - Due:
                  2012-01-31 - PENDING REVIEW
                o Older background:
                     # [43]Request for guidance from Jeni Tennison
                     # [44]ACTION-631: on - Jeni Tennison - Suggest how
                       is best to deal with explicit reference to only
                       Microdata (not RDFa) from HTML spec - Due:
                       2011-11-18 - CLOSED
                     # [45]ACTION-614: on - Jeni Tennison - Report on
                       progress relating to RDFa and Microdata - Due:
                       2012-01-06 - PENDING REVIEW
                     # [46]Discussion on 10 November
                     # Bugs against Microdata and RDFa raised by Jeni:
                       [47]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id
                       =14470 and
                       [48]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id
                       =14114
                     # HTML WG relating to TAG input:
                       [49]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id
                       =13100 (marked RESOLVED WONTFIX) and
                       [50]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id
                       =13101 (RESOLVED NEEDSINFO)
                     # TAG [51]e-mail raising last-call issues on
                       Microdata and RDFa.
                     # [52]Discussion on 21 July 2011
        -->
     7. Pending Review Items:
           + [53]Pending review actions in [54]Tracker
     8. Overdue Action Items:
           + [55]Overdue actions in [56]Tracker
     9. Any other business
      _________________________________________________________

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
       [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
      [12] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2012Jan/0039.html
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/19-agenda
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/15-minutes
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/05-minutes#item01
      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0083.html
      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0087.html
      [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0093.html
      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/06-minutes#item09
      [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/persistence.html
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-minutes#item02
      [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/528
      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/14-minutes.html#item03
      [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0009.html
      [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0011.html
      [28] http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/478
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/477
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/06-agenda#persistence
      [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0009.html
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/09-minutes#item06
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/444
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/414
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/07-minutes.html#item04
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/20-minutes#item01
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/05-minutes#item02
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/05-minutes#item05
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/654
      [43] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Dec/0030.html
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/631
      [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/614
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/10-minutes#item05
      [47] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=14470
      [48] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=14114
      [49] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13100
      [50] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13101
      [51] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0136.html
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/21-minutes#item03
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
      [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.3 $ of $Date: 2012/01/17 22:19:38 $

    [57]Valid XHTML 1.1

      [57] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Tuesday, 17 January 2012 22:22:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:44 GMT