W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > July 2011

Agenda for TAG teleconference of 14 July 2011

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:26:49 -0400
Message-ID: <4E1D9D19.3040500@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 14 July 2011 is now available at 
[1,2], and in text-only form below. Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/14-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

===========================================================

    [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]23 June 2011 This: [4]14 July 2011
    Next: [5]21 July 2011

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/23-agenda
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/14-agenda
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/21-agenda

                Agenda of 14 July 2011 TAG Teleconference

    Nearby: [6]Teleconference details - [7]issues list - [8]open actions
    - [9]pending review actions - [10]www-tag archive - [11]tag archive
     1. Convene
           + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: Yves Lafon (confirmed)
           + Roll call -- Regrets: Tim Berners-Lee
           + Future regrets for July: Tim (21 & 28 July); Larry Masinter
             (28 July); Yves Lafon (28 July)
           + Agenda Review - [12]this agenda
           + Next Meeting: 21 July 2011, Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
           + Future scribes: Jonthan Rees, Dan Appelquist, Larry
             Masinter
     2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
           + [13]23 June 2011
     3. Administrative items
           + [14]Registration is now open for the [15]2011 Technical
             Plenary in Santa Clara, CA
           + Norm Walsh [16]announces new draft of [17]HTML/XML Task
             Force Report (discussion to be held on the
             [18]public-html-xml@w3.org mailing list
           + Meeting and Teleconference Schedules
                o Summer telcons will be likely be held on the following
                  dates:
                     # 14 July (this one)
                     # Probable; 21 July, 4 August
                     # Probably not: 28 July, 11 August, 18 August, 25
                       August (the chair would like to meet on one more
                       of those August dates, but we would have low
                       attendance)
                     # [19]Spreadsheet showing summer regrets
                       (member-only, .xls format)
                o The autumn F2F will be 13-15 September in Edinburgh,
                  UK
                o The TAG will meet 4-6 January 2012 at the W3C offices
                  at MIT in Cambridge, MA
                o TAG members are to hold open the week of 2 April 2012
                  for likely F2F meeting at the W3C offices at
                  Sophia-Antipolis, France (timed to follow Paris IETF
                  meetings the previous week)
     4. [20]HTML5 Review: Normative status of HTML5 Web Authoring
        Specification
           + Goals:
                o TAG to review HTML5 WG [21]decision on normative
                  status of [22]http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/author/
           + Background:
                o The TAG thought it had agreement with the HTML WG that
                  [23]http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/author/ would be
                  normative, but the copy included with the HTML5 last
                  call was labeled as non-normative.
                o [24]Query from Noah to HTML5 chairs
                o Paul Cotton [25]announces HTML WG [26]chairs' decision
                  including the revised text for authoring draft.
                o [27]ACTION-556: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Follow up with
                  HTML WG chairs as to why
                  http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/author/ is not normative -
                  Due: 2011-06-30 - PENDING REVIEW
                o [28]ACTION-581: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Include
                  discussion of Authoring Spec status resolution
                  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Ju
                  n/0287.html in 14 July 2011 Agenda [self-assigned] -
                  Due: 2011-07-12 - PENDING REVIEW
     5. [29]ISSUE-35 (RDFinXHTML-35-27): Microdata / RDFa relationship
           + Goals:
                o Find additional ways that the TAG can be helpful in
                  resolving the Microdata / RDFa overlap
           + Background:
                o [30]E-mail from TAG chair to HTML WG raising issues
                  against the Microdata and RDFa+HTML draft
                  specifications and proposing W3C set up a task force
                  to resolve  there has been subsequent e-mail
                  discussion
                o HTML WG opens bugs
                  [31]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1310
                  0 and
                  [32]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1310
                  1 (against Microdata and HTML+RDFa respectively). TAG
                  members may add themselves to the cc: list for
                  discussion, using Bugzilla. You need a Bugzilla
                  account to do that.
                o [33]ACTION-573: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Send Jeni's
                  note to HTML WG, RDFa, and W3C staff on Wed 22 June
                  2011 if there are no objections received by the 21st
                  Due 2011-06-22 - Due: 2011-06-23 - PENDING REVIEW
                o [34]ACTION-575: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Send
                  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Jun/0082.h
                  tml as edited Due 2011-06-24 - Due: 2011-06-30 -
                  PENDING REVIEW
                o [35]ACTION-571: on - Jeni Tennison - Write up comments
                  on microdata and RDFa - Due: 2011-06-16 - CLOSED
     6. RFC 3023bis and IRI
           + Goals:
                o Finish [36]discussion started on 23 June 2011,
                  specifically relating to "processor profiles, IRIbis,
                  and HTML5"
           + Background:
                o [37]ACTION-577: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  3023bis discussion of processor profiles and "IRIbis
                  and HTML5", leftover from 23 June discussion, when
                  Larry is available DueL 2011-07-12 - Due: 2011-06-30 -
                  PENDING REVIEW
                o Background for 23 June discussion:
                     # Henry [38]provides details of issues to be
                       considered. The following is adapted from Henry's
                       note:
                          @ [39]RFC 3023bis and fragment identifiers --
                            We discussed this a year ago ([40]minutes)
                            and came to a conclusion, which Noah took to
                            [41]ACTION-441 to convey to the 3023
                            editors. There was [42]substantial pushback.
                            Jonathan [43]reported on our further
                            discussion to the 3023 editors, setting out
                            a number of alternative ways forward. Chris
                            Lilley [44]replied stating a preference for
                            option 2. But nothing has happened. . . Time
                            to put a TAG push behind a new draft of
                            3023bis?
                          @ 3023bis and Processor Profiles -- The XML
                            Processing Model WG has produced a [45]Last
                            Call WD for XML Processing Profiles. Would
                            3023bis be the architecturally correct place
                            to connect this to XML itself?
                          @ IRIbis and HTML5 'URIs' -- The HTML WG has
                            removed all reference to 3987bis, but the
                            IRI WG is exploring ways to get back in (the
                            following is quoted from
                            [46]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/publ
                            ic-iri/2011May/0026.html):
             "In March 2011, the W3C's HTML WG made a decision to close
             ISSUE-56 when the parties involved could not come to agreem
ent
             on aligning HTML5 with the IRI WG's revisions to RFC 3987:

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
       [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/14-agenda
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/23-minutes
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2011/
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2011/11/TPAC/
      [16] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-xml/2011Jun/0012.html
      [17] http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/snapshot/
      [18] mailto:public-html-xml@w3.org
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/coordination/Summer2011Availability.xls
      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/6
      [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0287.html
      [22] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/author/
      [23] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/author/
      [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0000.html
      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0125.html
      [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0287.html
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/556
      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/581
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/35
      [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0136.html
      [31] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13100
      [32] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13101
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/573
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/575
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/571
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/23-minutes#item03
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/577
      [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0005.html
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/son-of-3023/latest.html
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/9-minutes.html#item03
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/441
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/449
      [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/476
      [44] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Nov/0095.html
      [45] http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-xml-proc-profiles-20110412/
      [46] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-iri/2011May/0026.html

             "http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/04
04.html

             "That decision effectively removed the HTML5 specification'
s
             dependency on rfc3987bis.  It appears that this was done so
             that the HTML5 specification could define how to translate
             input strings contained in text/html documents into URIs.

             . . .

             "However, our understanding is that ISSUE-56 can be reopene
d if
             new information emerges, such as "IETF completing productio
n of
             a document suitable as a formal reference".  And of course
as
             chairs of the IRI WG we would like to deliver such a docume
nt."

                     # [47]Paul Grosso notes: Also related to IRIbis is
                       the XML Core desire to be able to reference it
                       normatively from the XML and related specs for
                       the definition of LEIRIs as recorded at
                       [48]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xm
                       l-core-wg/2011Mar/0022 among other places.
     7. [49]ACTION-545: Privacy
           + Note: this was a F2F session that we never got to  Ashok
             Malhotra had agreed to lead it. On 23 June 2011, Ashok
             [50]asked that we wait for Larry Masinter to be available
           + Goals:
                o Review the [51]Report of the W3C Workshop on Web
                  Tracking and User Privacy (required reading)
                o We will focus primarily, but not exclusively on "Do
                  Not Track" proposals
                o Decide how the TAG will engage in privacy-related work
                  for the remainder of 2011
           + Background:
                o [52]Report of the W3C Workshop on Web Tracking and
                  User Privacy (required reading)
                o [53]ACTION-460: on - Daniel Appelquist - Coordinate
                  with IAB regarding next steps on privacy policy - Due:
                  2011-05-24 - OPEN
                o [54]ACTION-550: on - Daniel Appelquist - With help
                  from Noah to plan TAG work on privacy, leading to
                  session at F2F, next step is contact with TLR - Due:
                  2011-05-12 - OPEN
                o [55]ACTION-507: on - Daniel Appelquist - With Noah to
                  suggest next steps for TAG on privacy - Due:
                  2011-05-03 - CLOSED
                o [56]ACTION-545: on - Ashok Malhotra - Report to TAG,
                  after privacy workshop, regarding architecture issue
                  on privacy and especially degree to which use cases
                  beyond those addressed by "Do Not Track" need
                  attention - Due: 2011-05-03 - CLOSED
                o Earlier background:
                     # IETF/W3C Privacy workshop was held at MIT 8-98
                       December 2011. "Action Items" for W3C were
                       proposed. See: [57]Action items (PDF - may need
                       rotating) collected at IETF/W3C Privacy Workshop
                       wrapup
                     # [58]ACTION-264: on - Ashok Malhotra - Draft
                       agenda item for upcoming telcon discussion of
                       geolocation and privacy - Due: 2009-08-04 -
                       CLOSED
                     # [59]ACTION-290: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Write to
                       Geolocation WG saying "we have concern that the
                       spec does not say enough user privacy" - Due:
                       2009-07-30 - CLOSED
                     # [60]ACTION-408: on - Daniel Appelquist - Look
                       into next steps on a workshop around device APIs,
                       privacy etc. with tlr - Due: 2010-03-31 - CLOSED
                     # [61]ACTION-506: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Noah to
                       bring proposed W3C Actions on Privacy before the
                       TAG - TLR to report back to IETF - Due:
                       2011-01-11 - CLOSED
                     # Papers from earlier IETF/W3C workshop on privacy
                       were at
                       [62]http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/Pr
                       ivacy_Workshop_Papers.zip but that link appears
                       not to work any more ([63]ACTION-490: on - Noah
                       Mendelsohn - Noah and others(?) going to privacy
                       workshop to report back to the TAG? - Due:
                       2010-12-21 - CLOSED) ([64]ACTION-506: on - Noah
                       Mendelsohn - Noah to bring proposed W3C Actions
                       on Privacy before the TAG - TLR to report back to
                       IETF - Due: 2011-01-11 - CLOSED)
     8. Overdue Action Items:
           + [65]Overdue actions in [66]Tracker
     9. Pending Review Items:
           + [67]Pending review actions in [68]Tracker
    10. Any other business
      _________________________________________________________

      [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0007.html
      [48] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Mar/0022
      [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545
      [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/23-minutes#item04
      [51] http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/report
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/report
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/460
      [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/550
      [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/507
      [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545
      [57] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Dec/att-0061/ActionItems_Workshop.pdf
      [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/264
      [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/290
      [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/408
      [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/506
      [62] 
http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/Privacy_Workshop_Papers.zip
      [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/490
      [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/506
      [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
      [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [67] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2011/07/13 13:24:11 $

    [69]Valid XHTML 1.1

      [69] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 13 July 2011 13:27:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:39 GMT